Being a Drifter doesn't just mean being an employee; it means being part of a team, and we make sure everyone on our team is well taken care of. This means benefits like health insurance for you and your family with the premium fully covered by us, as well as dental and vision insurance. We've also got unlimited PTO, a great location in Seattle (with the option to work completely remotely) , and of course a well-stocked fridge.
If you've been looking for the chance to work elbow to elbow with some of this industry’s fiercest contributors in a nimble, quality-driven environment, this is it! Please send your resume and any applicable work examples to firstname.lastname@example.org with the position in your subject line, and we'll reach out to you if it looks like you'll be a good fit. We look forward to hearing from you!
Senior AI Engineer
We are looking for a Senior AI Engineer to work with a talented team on our next-gen cooperative shooter titled Superior. As an AI Engineer at Drifter you would work closely with all disciplines to help design and implement new creatures and behaviors in our games. If you've been looking for the chance to work elbow to elbow with some of this industry’s fiercest contributors in a nimble, quality-driven environment, this is it!
- Spearhead implementation and design of AI behaviors and features across the title
- Work closely with design and characters teams to brainstorm, prototype, and iterate on multiple AI types, from low levels scraps to kaiju-sized boss monsters
- Utilize and augment the UE4 AI development tools to facilitate rapid development of new adversaries
- Shipped one or more AAA games in a professional AI-focused role
- Familiarity with behavior trees, navigation meshes (Recast/Detour), and other AI development tools
- Experience with Unreal Engine 4
Senior Technical Artist
As a senior Technical artist on the drifter team, you’ll be working with the Art team to support and craft industry leading content, from pipeline support, to lighting, materials, and overall content implementation on our new PC roguelite shooter, Superior. If you've been looking for the chance to work elbow to elbow with some of this industry's fiercest contributors, in a nimble, quality-driven environment, this is it!
- Work with the art team to craft industry leading content.
- Create and communicate technical art guidelines across the project
- Develop tools to expedite content development
- Ensure high quality and optimal content creation across the project, including rendering and lighting.
- Development and manage art pipelines.
- Organize and drive optimization efforts across the art team
- Portfolio and reel demonstrating deep understanding of real-time content creation.
- Good communication skills and collaborative spirit.
- High velocity, self-reliant problem solver.
- Extensive experience in content creation tools, such as Maya, Zbrush, etc
- Knowledge of one or more scripting languages.
- 5+ Years of experience in AAA game development.
- Strong proficiency in UE4, especially rendering, lighting and blueprint.
Senior VFX Artist
As a Senior VFX Artist at Drifter, you’ll be working with a small, capable game development team delivering cutting edge visual effects for our recently announced title, Superior. If you've been looking for the chance to work elbow to elbow with some of this industry's fiercest contributors, in a nimble, quality driven environment, our door is open. Come on in.
- Work with the Art Director and the immediate creative team to craft industry leading FX content.
- Create, from Vision to EXECUTION, REALTIME VFX content for Environments, Characters and weapons.
- Manage optimization of VFX in a technically constrained environment at a high level of quality
- Be Point of contact and manager for any external FX resources
- Mentor junior FX Artists
- Portfolio and reel demonstrating strong, realtime FX competency
- Good communication skills and collaborative spirit
- Able to work independently and self-manage VFX development
- 5+ years of experience creating industry leading, realtime FX for AAA games
- Capable of working in various styles across various platforms
- Strong proficiency in UE4, Cascade and the Material editor
- Experience with external particle systems and editors (Ie: Houdini) a plus
- Blueprint experience in UE4 a plus
- Understanding of UE4’s lighting system a plus