Our company culture and values
People are at the heart of Drifter, our employees, our fans, everything we do is for the people that drive us forward.
At Drifter we recognize that there are unique backgrounds, events, and insight that every individual can bring to the table. Everyone is deserving of respect and consideration.
We love games, we make games we want to play, and make games we would want to share with those around us. We are passionate about our people and our projects.
At Drifter we are quality driven, we approach every situation with the goal of making it as good as it can be.
We are a team, and we lean on each other and rely on one another in order to create the products our fans love. No Drifter is too big to assist any other member of the team.
Own the opportunities in front of you. You have the freedom to develop the system or solution in service of a great game experience or our other core values.
Drifter Entertainment is a Seattle-based game studio helmed by some of gaming’s most experienced creators.
As Lead Animator at Drifter, you’ll be working with the art director and area leads to continue to bring life to Drifter’s new Roguelite co-op shooter, Superior, and unannounced future titles. If you've been looking for the chance to work elbow to elbow with some of this industry's fiercest contributors in a nimble, quality- driven environment, our door is open. Come on in.
- Creating and pushing the craft of real-time animation to the next level.
- Work with the Art Director and the immediate creative team to collaborate, pre-visualize, and execute on game animation.
- Build and manage a strong team of animators to tackle project needs.
- Work with the Technical Art Director, Animation engineers, character TD’s and Character Artists to push animation systems to the next level within the required technical constraints.
- Be point of contact and Mentor for all Animation needs across Drifter.
- Assist in staffing needs
- Mentor less senior animators
- Strong communication skills.
- 8+ Years of experience creating industry leading, key-frame animation in games.
- 5+ Years of experience in motion capture
- 5+ Years of building and managing animation teams in the triple A space.
- Strong proficiency in Maya
- UE4 experience
Quality Assurance Tester
Drifter Entertainment is a Seattle-based game studio helmed by some of the game industry’s most experienced creators. We’re looking for a QA tester to help us out with finishing out production for our current game and moving into future projects. The QA tester will work closely with the Senior QA to write bug reports and conduct test plans. This is a contract position with possibility of moving into full time employment after a probationary period.
The ideal candidate will have a year or more of game testing experience. They will have exceptionally good verbal and written communication skills. A passion for shooters is a plus. If you’ve been looking for the chance to work elbow to elbow with some of this industry’s fiercest contributors in a nimble, quality-driven environment, this is it.
- Work closely with the Senior QA and other testers to execute test plans
- Find and log issues in a bug database, and inform all appropriate parties depending on issue severity
- Regress and close bugs upon completion
- Work with other disciplines to achieve shared goals
- One year of game testing experience.
- Strong attention to detail, and creative problem solving.
- Demonstrated understanding of black box testing.
- Experience with bug tracking systems.
- Able to work independently as well as in a small team setting
- Able to adapt to new tasks as they occur.